Escaping the urban jungle this Memorial Day weekend? Don’t forget to bring a little something special for the party host. The perfect gift upon arrival will forgive all manner of sins throughout the days ahead.
- Salted Caramel Sauce, $8 from Charleston darling Johnny Battles, aka Sweeteeth, & James Beard award winning Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams at Home (signed copy), $35: From you, the most irresistible house guest.
- Rainbow Chopsticks, $35 & Rainbow Whisks, $40, from the MoMA store: Because the kitchen needs pride too.
- Cheese Block & Knife Spreader, $100 available at Gump’s, along with a 3 month cheese of the month club from Saxelby Cheesemongers, $150: Keep your friends fat and happy long after you leave their lovely place.
- Royal Rose Simple Syrup gift box set including Rose, Lavender Lemon, Three Chiles, and Raspberry, $44 from bigcartel & Tilt Highballs, $100, by Nambe at Gilt Home: For unforgettable cocktails in remarkable little glasses. TIP - don’t miss the Royal Rose recipe guide to inspire your inner mixologist.
- An ol’ timey Tutto E Possible pewter box, $150 at Barneys New York & a Platinum & Crystal frame, $90 and up: To hold the weekend’s new best memories.