As Vladimir Putin continues his campaign to eradicate the scourge of homosexuality from Mother Russia—and, apparently arresting gay tourists—the global community is expressing its outrage. Harvey Fierstein took a break from polishing his Kinky Boots Tony to publish a gloriously scathing op-ed in the Times and a fab-looking Tilda Swinton waved a rainbow flag in front of the Kremlin (above). Others are calling for a boycott against both Russian vodka and the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi. You know shit is getting real when gays are willing to part with their Stoli.
Those initiatives are a great start, but not enought: NewNowNext has come up with some unique ways to stick it to the former Evil Empire:
11. Pay for an ice rink in front of the Kremlin and then hire Johnny Weir to do triple lutzes on it all day
10. Delete Doctor Zhivago and Fiddler on the Roof from your Netflix queue
9. Rename Russian dressing “Freedom” dressing
8. Stop referencing Yakov Smirnoff jokes
7. Delete Tetris app.
6. Don’t go see The Nutcracker over Christmas
5. Make this guy an international pop sensation
4. Don’t watch tennis matches with Maria Sharapova
3. Boycott Chekov plays—and fast-forward through Chekov’s scenes in Star Trek
2. Stop fapping to Wladimir Klitschko
1. Stop drinking bread soda