Christy Scott Cashman has done it all in the film world, acting, producing and even starting her own company, Saint Aire Productions, whose new film The Love Guide is available on VOD beginning today. Cashman stars alongside Parker Posey in the film that tells the story on a small town chicken farmer (Cashman) who has her life turned upside down when a celebrated guru (Posey) films a reality show on her farm. Given the success of past Saint Aire productions like The Kids Are All Right we may be hearing a lot more about this film in the months to come. Check out the trailer below and see Christy tackle our 19 questions.
Name: Christy Scott Cashman
Location: Boston, MA
Twitter Handle: Cornhole Christy
1. What are you wearing?
Helmut Lang perfume that they don’t sell anymore so I try to find it online because I’m addicted to it and I buy used bottles from warehouses and tester bottles. I’m terrified that I’ll run out even though I have a ten year supply at this point.
2. What do you do in a typical day?
Work, church and home.
3. What book/movie/TV show are you really into right now?
I’m a Richard Russo megafan. I’m reading Nobody’s Fool and then I’ll screen the film at the Saint Aire Salon and Russo will be there! He’s an icon.
4. What’s a trend you wish would die?
Girls who talk through their noses when they’re in their twenties/thirties and sound like four-year-olds on helium. I won’t name names but it rhymes with Flardashian. So annoying — they think that actually sounds good?!
5. What do you order for brunch?
A free range omelette of course and perhaps a bloody mary.
6. Who should we follow on Twitter that we’re (probably) not?
Saint Aire – naturally!
7. What song or band has most affected or influenced you?
“Like a Prayer” and “Honey Bee.”
8. What project are you obsessed with right now?
The Noticer, the book I just optioned by Andy Andrews. It’s a self help book that’s all about perspective. I think there’s room for some positive material out there in the sea of projects in which we are bombarded.
9. What would be the title of your memoir?
This Is My Life –- I’m Not Lying
10. What’s your hangover cure?
Vitamin B, a handful, and working out.
11. What fictional character do you most identify with?
Anne of Green Gables and Lucy from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
12. What was the best vacation meal you’ve ever had?
The seared tuna at the Jordan Street Cafe in Brevard, North Carolina.
13. What’s your favorite solo outing?
Walking my dogs on the esplanade in the Back Bay (Boston).
14. What’s your favorite bar in another city?
The Tack Room in the Adare Manor in Adare, Ireland.
15. What luxury do you think should be included in plane travel to make it more fun?
A petting zoo.
16. What’s your biggest vice?
17. What movie will you always watch to the end when it’s on TV?
As Good As It Gets
18. Who’s your Spirit Animal?
Haha! The CHICKEN!!!…or the pig
19. What’s the first thing you think of when you see this?
I think CRAMP!