Combining fashion and philanthropy, Krochet Kids intl. aims to create sustainable economic development programs that support holistic growth of individuals and communities within developing nations. As a result, a portion of all proceeds from their line go to support these programs. CEO Kohl Crecelius took some time recently to answer our 19 questions.
1. What are you wearing?
Vans, Levi’s 511, t-shirt, and a beard. Pretty standard.
2. What do you do in a typical day?
Surf in the morning. Cereal. Coffee. Ride my bike to work. Meet with my team and figure out how we can get people excited about our product and truly caring for other people. Take 3-4 breaks to play on our pickle ball court. Then dinner with my wife.
3. What book/movie/TV show are you really into right now?
Outliers by Malcom Gladwell. And I love watching Modern Family.
4. What’s a trend you wish would die?
People’s negative, anonymous personas on the Internet.
5. What do you order for brunch?
A breakfast burrito. No question.
6. Who should we follow on Twitter that we’re (probably) not?
7. What song or band has most affected or influenced you?
Honestly, I would have to say hip hop. I think it helped me have a more well rounded perspective and taste, and it definitely helped me learn how to dance.
8. What project are you obsessed with right now?
We have a few in the works at Krochet Kids intl. that are going to be insane! Of what I can talk about however, we recently did a project called ‘What We Carry’ to look at the items we hold with us and what they say about who we are and the culture surrounding us. Take a look.
9. What would be the title of your memoir?
I Am The Combined Effort Of Everyone I Have Ever Known
10. What’s your hangover cure?
Avoiding it in the first place.
11. What fictional character do you most identify with?
The youngest brother from 3 Ninjas. That movie is awesome and I have 2 older brothers so I can relate.
12. What was the best vacation meal you’ve ever had?
Casado in a bus park in Costa Rica on my honeymoon. Delicious.
13. What’s your favorite solo outing?
Going skateboarding at my local park.
14. What’s your favorite bar in another city?
Die Bierstube in Seattle, WA.
15. What luxury do you think should be included in plane travel to make it more fun?
Ice cream sandwiches.
16. What’s your biggest vice?
17. What movie will you always watch to the end when it’s on TV?
18. Who’s your Spirit Animal?
Look at this dress and watch this … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnU2Ld1ttoE