Location: New York
Twitter Handle: @stvstanulis
Steve Stanulis may be the only cop turned stripper turned writer and director in the world. He recently answered some questions about his new profession and life for NewNowNext.
1. What are you wearing?
Naked – I got caught coming out of the shower!
2. What do you do in a typical day?
I go to the gym and go to rehearsals with the cast.
3. What book/movie/TV show are you really into right now?
Fifty Shades of Grey -– I heard so much about it I was on the fence about whether I wanted to actually read it. And then I got sucked in. The intrigue of who Christian Gray is and what he wants her to do and finding out why was really interesting to me. It’s a book I never thought I would ever be into. And by the first chapter I was sucked in. The Hunger Games –- it was one of my favorite books and I was excited to see what they did with the movie. And they did a great job as far as bringing the book to life on the screen.
4. What’s a trend you wish would die?
Big corporations taking over every facet of every industry. Where it was a mom and pop store, it’s now a Target. It’s not your neighborhood coffee shop, it’s a Starbucks.
5. What do you order for brunch?
Bacon and eggs
6. Who should we follow on Twitter that we’re (probably) not?
Eric Trump – He is witty and clever on Twitter. I was never a fan until I started following him. He is smart and funny, I enjoy his tweets. He’s an individual, not just hiding behind dad.
7. What song or band has most affected or influenced you?
Rolling Stones “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” –- It’s spiritual and almost the way life is. There are so many major problems in the world, but if you try sometimes and you try hard enough you get what you need. People forget poverty and sickness. We get out of bed and having a bad day but we forget that we forget that people are dying of cancer and can’t even get out of bed. You don’t need everything.
8. What project are you obsessed with right now?
My film Long Shot Louie. It’s a dark drama. It’s like Boogie Nights meets The Wrestler. Louie is in this world where at one point he was the main man in his profession and he’s gotten old. He was a king once and now he is a mockery. He’s trying to make his way in the world he can’t get out of. We start shooting next month. I have been trying to get this off the ground for two years.
9. What would be the title of your memoir?
If You Dream, Dream Out Loud
10. What’s your hangover cure?
11. What fictional character do you most identify with?
12. What was the best vacation meal you’ve ever had?
In Costa Rica I had a tuna tartar that was out of this world. Melted in your mouth.
13. What’s your favorite solo outing?
Golfing in Myrtle Beach .
14. What’s your favorite bar in another city?
Rainbow Room in LA. Great vibe and energy going in there and knowing who performed there – you feel the energy walking into the room
15. What luxury do you think should be included in plane travel to make it more fun?
16. What’s your biggest vice?
Cake and Doughnuts! Cookies. Anything in front of me I have to eat until it’s done!
17. What movie will you always watch to the end when it’s on TV?
18. Who’s your Spirit Animal?
I’m a Sagittarius, what does that make me?
19. What's the first thing you think of when you see this?
STRIPPED – that’s basically what Stripped is. All the guys line up in the same outfit and get ready to do their thing