If you managed to survive this past weekend’s Halloween party circuit without needing down a costume, I salute you. But we’re only days away from October 31, so time’s wasting before you really have to get something. To help inspire you, here are 31 gay celebs in kickass costumes. Whether you’re going for campy, kooky, sexy, scary, or none of the above, these gents have you covered.
1. Anderson Cooper nails this Phil Donahue costume: a perfect pop culture throwback.
2. RuPaul proves a throwback to an entire era — the big-haired ’80s in this case — can be just as potent.
3. Adam Lambert wards off predators with spikes. Fetish fun for the whole Glam Nation.
4. “Man in uniform” is always a bankable look. Just ask Dick Sargent.
5. A Mormon uniform works too. See: Andrew Rannells.
6. Nathan Lane reminds us (in this Modern Family pic) that golfers were once wonderful fops.
7. Sal Mineo steals your heart in this military getup from A Private’s Affair.
8. Speaking of black-and-white: Detox redefined it forever with this unbelievable makeup job.
9. Or, like Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka, you can use your movie buff status to be cute with the whole family.
10. Jinkx Monsoon and Ivy Winters did this too, except they toasted their favorite actresses in a camp classic.
11. Charles Nelson Reilly proves that even a baggy shirt can make you look like a mad scientist in The Life of Reilly.
12. Paul Lynde is your captain. Talk about a Halloween “special.”
13. Tony Perkins makes the Civil War cute in Friendly Persuasion.
14. Victor Garber shows off some Cinderella decadence.
15. Jim Parsons knows that Halloween is about saluting the superhero who’s right for you.
16. Paul Lynde (again — I’m sorry, but you know how important his Halloween special is) pairs a happy bunny suit with a cynical scowl.
17. Jake Shears is sexy even as a cartoon icon in this Roger Rabbit getup.
18. Go Broadway, Xanadu-style, like Cheyenne Jackson. A good showcase for spellbinding thighs.
19. Athletic attire works! Even if it’s not your sport! Jason Collins (with Mr. Bass), show us the way.
20. Wizardry is about giving good face, argues Ian McKellen.
21. Elton John thinks every gay man can be his own Busby Berkeley musical.
22. Carson Kressley’s cheerleading look on Dancing With the Stars? Pretty awesome, actually.
23. Tyler Oakley shows us that a Glee reference is always welcome.
24. And Chris Colfer proves that absurdity is always in — here he’s “the Llamanator.” Note his fine arms.
25. Speaking of weird superheroes: Jesse Tyler Ferguson scales a bathroom stall as Spidey on Modern Family.
26. Don’t be afraid to partner up like Lance Bass for this SNL getup, even if Adam Lambert’s seafoam skin is fighting for attention. (Nice grit, Jai Rodriguez!)
27. Johnny Weir, everyone. Figure skating glamor is always acceptable.
28. Just go as Fred Schneider, who looks perfect here.
29. Good drag is hard to find — and here’s exceptional drag from Rupert Everett in St. Trinian’s.
30. And hey, if you’re awesome enough, go as yourself. Or if you’re even more awesome, go as George Takei.