NewOrleans.com wants to give you lagniappe. And all you have to do is sleep with it!
Lagniappe, by the way, is French Creole for a free gift received at the time of purchase. Here’s how it works. Visit Neworleans.com and book a hotel, tour or activity through their website. On your receipt, you’ll notice a—lagniappe—a discount or free offer at some of the city’s most notable restaurants. Bring the receipt to said place and shazam!
As per the New Orleans People, the lagniappe includes…
* A FREE half-dozen oysters and a FREE draft beer from New Orleans Seafood and Hamburger Company (541 Decatur St.) in the French Quarter.
* A FREE praline, plus 15% off purchase at Royal Praline Company (300 Royal St.), the best li’l praline place in the French Quarter
* A FREE bowl of gumbo from Vacherie (827 Toulouse St.) at the Hotel St. Marie, a new local favorite restaurant in the French Quarter serving local, seasonal cuisine.
* To top things off, NewOrleans.com will buy you a shot of moonshine at Cochon (930 Tchoupitoulas St.), the city’s premier Cajun restaurant from James Beard award-winning chefs Donald Link and Steven Stryjewski
Some incentive to try out the new service?
1) Southern Decadence is coming up—the last weekend of August!
2) Book early for next year’s Mardi Gras.
3) Halloween in New Orleans is legendary and will be even more so this year as Jack White, Green Day and Neil Young headline something called Voodoo Fest.
4) Vampires and Anne Rice.
5) New Orleans Jazz Fest is loved by all.