There was no shortage of shade on display last night during the Golden Globes. And who better to help us call out the side-eyes, digs and insults than the queens of all shade, The Golden Girls?
1. Jack Black tells Boyhood critics to “cool it”
Jack Black made it clear to the perhaps one or two folks out their that thought Boyhood was filmed for twelve years straight, explaining that the film was shot for one week a year over twelve years. Glad we cleared that up.
2. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin bulldoze the “women aren’t funny” stereotype
3. The audience’s reaction to Tina and Amy’s Bill Cosby jokes.
“I don’t know if you saw this on the news today, but Bill Cosby has finally spoken out about the allegations against him,” started Tina. “Cosby admitted to a reporter [doing a Cosby impression] “I put the pills in the people! The people didn’t want the pills in them!’”
“That’s not right,” offered Poehler, “It’s more like [Cosby impression]: “I got the pills in the bathroom and I put them in the people!’”
4. Emma Stone’s reaction to Amy Poehler calling her a Big Eyes painting.
5. Don Cheadle and Juliana Margulies can’t agree on who’s closer pals with George Clooney
6. Jennifer Aniston shades Angelina Jolie’s leg thrust on the red carpet
7. Amal Clooney’s “who, her?” attitude toward Giuliana Rancic
Amal Clooney was having no part of Giuliana’s attempt at getting George to take a shot of her tequila. Check out the clip of the ice queen supreme.