Art Basel Miami Beach is basically like Electric Daisy Carnival these days, but with more expensive art and a far older and richer crowd. So while art may be the focus, it is really all about the parties, dinners, store openings and musical performances visitors can expect down south. So up your credit card minimum and get ready, because here are the best, and most difficult, Art Basel invitations to score.
- Le Baron — The classic Parisian nightclub will open Tuesday, at an unannounced location. And a different and similarly unannounced location throughout the week. The best way to find out where you can stand in line with European royalty and LES scenesters? Follow @lebaronfamily on Twitter.
- Prada — The Italian luxury brand is opening a new store in Miami this week, meaning you can likely expect appearances from some of the brand’s faces, like Chloe Sevigny, Willam Dafoe, Garret Hedlund and Jamie Bell.
- Cartier — Every year this jewelry party hosts the best, and most exclusive, dinner party of the week. Usually in a custom designed structure that is more amazing than most of the art you will see.
- Chanel — The fine folks at Chanel will be having a dinner and fundraiser Wednesday night for the Henry Street Settlement.
- MoMA PS1 — These even finer folks will be raising money for Sandy victims with a benefit at the Delano Friday.
- Scope Fair — For those who like their art a little younger, and a whole lot cheaper, they can check out this contemporary fair that will feature performances from emerging artists all week.
- A$AP Rocky — This of the moment singer performs at the Delano Wednesday for a Playboy party.
- Debut of ’Talking Heads’ — Celebrity photographer Matthew Rolston debuts his new book, Talking Heads, The Vent Haven Portraits at a cocktail event hosted by Fontainebleau and Hendrick’s gin Friday.
Oh, and the best way to save money so you have plenty to spend in Miami? Book your flight and hotel with Orbitz. Duh.