- Birthday shoutouts go to Joey Fatone (above), who is 37, Nick Carter is 33, Mo Rocca is 44, and Sarah McLachlan is 45, and always deserves special recognition for giving us the greatest song of the 90’s.
- The SAG Awards went pretty much as expected last night, with the Oscar frontrunners winning, Modern Family picking up Best Ensemble, and a lifetime achievement award for comedy icon Penis Van Lesbian.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson: “I feel like I’ve had the greatest bowel movement.”
- Dan and Me: My Coming Out as a Friend of Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A.
- The big news today is that The Boy Scouts are “actively considering” lifting the ban on gay scouts, and an announcement may be made next week. If lifted, the decision to admit openly gay scouts would be left up to individual troops. Money talks.
- Below you can see a preview of next week’s Season Two premiere of Smash, in which Karen comes between Jeremy Jordan and Andy Mientus. We should all be so lucky.
- Below you can hear an interview with Grammy nominee Margaret Cho about her triumphs and struggles.
- Here’s the best look yet we’ve had at Oz The Great and Powerful, which opens in March.
- Below you can see Andrew Cooper, the new Diet Coke hunk. Objectification is so wrong.
- So people (i.e. Tumblr) are freaking out over this photo, which shows Chris Colfer and someone who may or may not be his boyfriend (it’s not the cop, it’s the other guy). He has to walk that far behind lest he be capsized in the dewy wake of the doe-eyed one.
- Here’s your Daily Matt Bomer™. At the pre-party for the SAG Awards
- Continuing the 50 Greatest 80’s TV Theme Songs/Openings! … and here they are, THE TOP TEN! At #7 is … Pee-Wee’s Playhouse
- Airing on CBS from September 13, 1986 – November 10, 1990, Pee-Wee’s Playhouse was one of the most ground-breaking shows of the decade, and adored by kids, parents, and stoners alike. Cowboy Curtis, Captain Carl, Miss Yvonne, Chairry, Reba The Mail Lady, The King Of Cartoons, Pterri, and of course, Jambi, brought us years of joy, and the opening, with Cyndi Lauper at her Betty Boop best, is just as grin-inducing decades later.
- Congrats to
duke85, who was the first to guess that Friday’s Pixuzzle™ © ® was Lady & The Tramp
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see characters from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…