It is a painfully slow news day so let’s talk about what is going on at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Robert Pattinson’s new film Cosmopolis is not being met with great reviews.
- Mud meanwhile, starring Reese Witherspoon and Matthew McConaughey, is faring much better.
- Beasts of the Southern Wild picked up the prestigious FIPRESCI prize.
- Jessica Chastain’s stylist has been saving the gold Gucci gown the actress wore to the premiere of Lawless since the Oscars.
- Below is the trailer for Amour, the film many believe will win the festival when prizes are announced later today.