First Footloose, now Carrie. In the spirit of remaking old, successful movies Kimberly Peirce is reportedly in talks to direct a new version of 1976 horror film Carrie. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is writing a “more grounded” version of the Brian De Palma-directed film, based on the Stephen King novel. Here’s a few ladies we think would be perfect to tackle the lead role, previously played by Sissy Spacek.
- Lindsay Lohan – Let’s face it, Lindsay needs a new blockbuster, and an opportunity to return to her outcast Mean Girls days with this role would be clutch. The problem however is that Ms. Lohan’s love for the tanning bed and her alleged love for, ahem, facial adjustments, may make it a bit hard for her to pass as a high school student.
- Lady Gaga – Bloodbath. Need we say more?
- Chloe Moretz – The girl killed it, literally at times, in Let Me In, and is actually at about the right age for the remake. As if that wasn’t enough, she even filmed a video extolling the fact that she is the go to scary girl in Hollywood. We’re sold.
- Katy Perry – Remember when Katy called out her high school crush for not paying attention to her? Girl has got some teenage drama to sort out. Also, some current drama that is probably filling her with rage, rage she can take out on the big screen.
- Daniel Day Lewis – Up for this challenge Danny boy?
MGM/Screen Gems Eye Kimberly Peirce To Direct Remake Of Stephen King’s ‘Carrie’ [Deadline]