An Elizabeth Taylor film is in the works … at Lifetime. So while people may long to see Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron or even, as rumored, Lindsay Lohan take on the role, let’s be honest; the first two are way too big and no way can Lifetime afford Lohan insurance. So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at five actresses who could play Liz.
- Megan Fox — She is rumored to be Lifetime’s first choice and while her film career seems to be on an upswing, every actress must at some point do one Lifetime film. Maybe this is why she got rid of that pesky Marilyn Monroe tattoo so there would be no conflict.
- Katrina Bowden — Put the 30 Rock star in a wig and she is kind of the spitting image of a young Liz. This could be the perfect stepping stone for your Katrina as her role on 30 Rock seems to keep diminishing and she seems to spend most of her time hosting events in NYC. Got for it K.
- Jennifer Lopez — Sadly the woman who is the most like Ms. Taylor will likely never be asked to play her in a studio film, so why not go the Lifetime route J Lo? Maybe you could grab yourself an Emmy and, if not, at the very least you won’t be getting a Razzie.
- Lea Michele — Her first foray into movies was a bit of a dud with New Year’s Eve, so the young Glee star could sink her teeth into a meatier role but still stay on the small screen if she decided to tackle Liz. Come on Lea, think: ‘”What would Rachel Barry do?”
- Zooey Deschanel — Let’s shake that adorable thing for a bit and play a lady who knew how to get her way.