When you ask “What’s so gay about Glee?” the obvious answer is “everything.” But we’re here to break down the queerest bits of Glee into bit-sized morsels for your enjoyment. Think of us as your gay cheat sheet to Glee fandom.
In an overall melancholy episode that invokes the spirit of Finn over the proceedings, there were little bursts of gay joy around to cling onto, mostly in the form of the arch rival choir led by Jean Baptiste (as portrayed by Pitch Perfect’s Skylar Astin) and the return of Mercedes to the scene.
5. Why Can’t Jake, Marley and Ryder Be A Thruple? The answer to their silly love triangle has been staring them in the face all year: Mercedes even spells it out as best she can—these boys really care about you! They also really care about each other. Maybe you could all care together, Marley. Think about it.
4. Mercedes Lays It All Out. Discovered by Kanye West’s housekeeper, she’s got a legit recording contract and is demanding the terms up front. Someone is poised to be a serious powerhouse and we love it.
3. They Found A Gayer Show-Choir Name. Two words: Throat. Explosion.
2. Seriously, Throat Explosion. They’re from an arts high school, wear turtlenecks and move with military precision. Somewhere Jesse St. James is getting very excited and doesn’t know why.
1. Blaine and Jean Baptiste. So much tension between these two leads. So much of Jean getting up in Blaine’s face.
Also, don’t you want to know what goes on on those show-choir blogs? We bet Kurt is the Number One commenter.