We know when you ask, “what’s so gay about Glee?” the obvious answer is, “everything.” But we’re here to break down the queerest bits of Glee into bit-sized morsels for your enjoyment. Think of us as your gay cheat sheet to Glee fandom.
After last week’s super hetero marriage party, this week we got gay gay gay with Sebastian’s return, Blaine “Startin’ Somethin’” and being “Bad,” and the whole gang paying tribute to the king of pop, Michael Jackson.
1. Blaine Anderson’s eyepatch. So he got hit in the eye and , but we’d like to point out that Blaine’s eyepatch is also a nod to Brian Ferry from Roxy Music, which Blaine proclaimed his love for during our last look into his bedroom.
2. Clothes share much? In addition to an eyepatch, Blaine sports a very nice set of PJs this episode that might look familiar to any gleeks. Kurt wore them last season during his slumber party where he lamented Blaine’s interest in another boy. Oh how much can change in a year…
3. Kurt Hummel What Are You Wearing? This week we got a strange fur cap, some fabulous black gloves at the Lima Bean, and an incomprehensible poncho in the choir room (do they not spring for heat in Lima?)
4. Artie and Mike “Scream.” The fantasy tribute sequence for “Scream” was fantastic, but we were mostly distracted by how pretty Kevin McHale and Harry Shum Jr. look together, especially Harry looking hot in that eyeliner. Artie and Mike should be the new gay power couple of Glee.
5. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’? Up until that errant slushie sidelined him, Blaine Anderson was pretty sassy this episode, breaking out into MJ in the halls complete with crotch-grabbing dance moves, followed by his bad-boy turn in an abandoned parking garage. If Sebastian hadn’t taken him out we can’t imagine what he would have been like come closing number.
Bonus. This potential spoiler picture was going around Tumblr after the episode. We’ll just leave that there for you all to enjoy.