The have done Gaga and Madonna, Rumours and Grease, and now comes word that Glee will be paying homage to Saturday Night Fever, and the sweet high-pitched noise of the Bee Gees, this April. But, while the Bee Gees are great, it seems like a bit of an odd fit for a group of high school kids to be running around singing “Staying Alive.”
With that in mind, here are five music acts we think Glee should honor.
- Taylor Swift — Now we are not the world’s biggest Swift fans, but given the age of these kids and the age of their audience, wouldn’t it seem like a no brainer to do an entire episode around Swift? Her heartbroken woman shtick would easily play into any of the show’s 15 relationships that seem to be going on at any given time. She is the biggest singer in the world to every single person under 25-years-old it seems. And, she would totally be up for a cameo.
- Whitney Houston — Gaga, Britney, Madonna, Fleetwood Mac, Grease — Glee tends to be just a little bit whitewashed when it comes to picking tribute episodes. Of course Michael Jackson is on the way, but why not go into the extensive catalogue of music from Ms. Houston. She pretty much has a song for every single mood. She, however, is almost definitely not showing up for a cameo.
- Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC — Now this is a great idea. It would be an amazing throwback, the melodies have already been written and it could be presented in a competition atmosphere. It could even end with a mash-up of songs from the two groups. This is actually genius and we expect credit if you take it Ryan Murphy.
- Blondie — Give the girls some songs they can really rip into Debbie Harry style. The only problem is figuring out which one of the ladies would be able to convincingly rap on “Rapture” and who would be lucky enough to get the solo on “Heart of Glass.”
- Paris Hilton — Wouldn’t it be amazing to hear ten different remixes of “Stars Go Blind?” No?