Glee often keeps things vague and under-wraps in terms of spoilers, but this year at Comic-Con they let a little slip regarding what to expect next year in the wake of the seniors graduating. We’ve got our five favorite spoilers from this year’s Comic-Con as we eagerly await the season 4 premiere on it’s new day and time, Thursday, Sept. 13 at 9 p.m.
1. Kurt will start the season in Lima. After having his hopes dashed for NYADA in the finale last season and watched Rachel ride a train away to New York, he’ll be sticking close to home as Season 4 begins. For now he’ll be helping Mr. Schue recruit new members for the glee club (we think the first new recruit should be Unique from Vocal Adrenaline. New Directions needs the star power!) but the creators have hinted that Kurt won’t want to stay away from Rachel or NYC long.
2. Sarah Jessica Parker will run Vogue.com and Kate Hudson will teach dance! The two big-name guest stars that were announced recently finally have official roles. Hudson will be mentoring Rachel in the Big Apple, and we know that SJP will have something to do with Kurt’s future, so perhaps the fashionista will start his own fashion blog to get her attention?
3. Finn is really joining the army. In the most ill-advised post-grad decision of the season, Finn Hudson enlisted. For all of us that thought this might be a fever dream, it’s not. Season 4 will start with Finn prepping for bootcamp. No word on if he’ll actually make it through, though. We don’t have high hopes.
4. Sue is a mom. That’s right, the strange pregnancy that seemed to last forever has come to an end over the break and Sue has given birth when Season 4 begins. We still don’t know the celebrity father of her child, but creator Ian Brennan said that will probably be revealed in the first half of the season.
5. Casting shakeup! Our first official character loss of Season 4 will be Irishman Rory. Chord Overstreet is in talks to be a series regular, and Sugar Motta, Sebastian Smythe and Roz Washington will all reprise their roles in some capacity. The biggest news of Comic-Con character-wise is that almost no one will be in all the episodes, a stark contrast to the past 3 seasons that have sometimes suffered from an overblown cast of characters.
That’s all for facts! Of course, the biggest sector of fan speculation is around the character relationships and who will stay together and who won’t. Our friends at VH1 talked to Darren Criss about Klaine’s future and how they’ll deal with the long-distance obstacles as a young couple.