Instead of watching the Gossip Girl episode ’High Infidelity’, I could’ve been entertained and watched High Fidelity last night. The dialogue and story definitely would’ve been more fun to watch, but alas, my slavery to the fashions of Gossip Girl entrapped me again.
This week it was all about the accessories:
1. If you are going to stage a comeback, do it with Dior.Look who is back, Nelly Yuki! It’s really not important to the story line, but she really wins this episode with her handbags. This ’Lady Dior’ bag is stunning. Not to mention the clutch and gold bracelet combo she dons to the big gala event of the evening. Nelly wins most improved style from high school for sure.
2. Spiky necklaces are all the rage in minion wear.
Blair’s minions are more ridiculous than ever. They don’t just pick loud accessories, they wear all the loudest accessories one could find at a craft fair.
The other spiky necklace of the night was worn more minimally by none other than Harriet The Spy herself, Michelle Trachtenberg.Sure, Georgina wouldn’t like to be known as a minion, but seeing as she’s basically running Nate’s life this season instead of taking care of her own child, (Seriously, where the heck did she ditch that baby?) we can consider her a minion.
3. Want to look older? Wear amazing drop jade earrings.
Nate was banging someone underage but didn’t realize it until Serena’s boyfriend admits that it’s his 17 year old daughter. To be fair, no one on this show ever looks 17. How would he know?
4. Want to not look older? Keep wearing bedazzled headbands.
Really Blair? Give this look up.
5. Bold colored dresses and minimal accessories make you look classy.
Serena and her mom really werked it with their bold colored dresses last night. Lily gave Serena some tough-love adult lessons last night, advising her to stay with a man that was cheating on her so she could be the most important woman at the society charity event gala. While she obviously remains the worst parent ever, at least she instilled a great sense of fashion in her daughter.
That was it from ’High Infidelity’ check back here next week when we find out what new trends we can steal from this otherwise super boring show.