The new six-episode series will feature the YouTuber and comedian dining out in various cities across the United States on a fixed budget determined by the average cost of a meal in each location.
The cable network announced the collaboration last Monday and said the currently untitled project would include not only a television program, but also a great deal of online video and social content featured on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and the Food Network website.
This digital approach is a perfect fit for Hart, who first made a name for herself with the YouTube cooking series My Drunk Kitchen in 2011. Since then, she’s catapulted to fame with the New York Times best-seller My Drunk Kitchen: A Guide to Eating, Drinking, and Going With Your Gut as well as a string of new movies, to come out this year.
In a statement, Hart said, “My life has blessed me with so many wonderful opportunities that my goal is to find a way to make them accessible to all! Food Network is the perfect partner for this endeavor and I couldn’t be more proud to call them mine.”
The network added that they “share the same mission Hannah has built her own brand success on.” The went on to say that the “deep connection viewers of all ages…have to food and food-adjacent content makes Food Network the perfect place for Hannah to continue to explore her own food adventure.”
The show will go into production later this summer with a tentative late 2016 release.
h/t: Hollywood Reporter