We know when you ask “What’s so gay about Glee?” the obvious answer is “everything.” But we’re here to break down the queerest bits of Glee into bit-sized morsels for your enjoyment. Think of us as your gay cheat sheet to Glee fandom.
Straight weddings really bring out the Gay in Glee, because this week the aborted nuptials of Will and Emma resulted in TWO queer hookups that wouldn’t quit. If this is what it takes for super gay glee, we’ll let Will get married to a lady of his choosing every week. He can even rap if he wants to. So what pinged our gaydar this week?
5. Um backseat makeouts. Did the Klaine gods (aka Ryan Murphy) hear our cries? How glorious. We can only speak in GIFs, really. (Thanks Tumblr.)
(We’ll also call 1a their post-coitus discussion in the hotel room. Has Chris Colfer ever looked hotter?)
4. Quintanna! This could have been disaster, but the pair hooking up post reception (twice!) was lovely, fun and sweet. No big crisis for Quinn, no awkward development of feelings for Santanta. Just sexy lady funtimes.
3. Feyboy Ties. Upon multiple listens, it seems that Blaine was making a reference to the Feyboy Collective when he told Kurt that his “feyboy ties” are his kryptonite. We always appreciate a reference in Glee that’s just for our community.
2. When will Jake, Marley and Ryder Realize Polyamory Is Their Best Bet? Just sayin, they all seem to enjoy each other a lot. This would solve a lot of problems. Also Glee needs to find some ground they haven’t broken yet. Poly relationships are the next frontier!
1. “Getting Married Today.” We know there was a lot of gay all over this episode, but if we’re being honnest the queerest moment was the presentation of this total musical theater fantasy. More of this, Glee! (Also more backseat makeouts.)
Previously: How Gay Was ‘Glee’?: Diva