Feedback is…back, with FRESH SONGS for you! That’s right, at most karaoke spots, KJs are adding on extra pages filled with hits from the preceding months (and maybe a few that were forgotten from years past.) It’s the perfect opportunity to sing the songs you’ve heard relentlessly on the radio and fulfill months worth of bedroom sing-alongs. Below, a list of songs from the past year (or so) that you should definitely attempt at karaoke (along with justifications!) and a few songs on the charts right now that I believe you should keep checking for in the coming weeks. Get thee to a karaoke parlor this weekend!
The Best Karaoke From The Top Of The Charts:
- Carly Rae Jepsen – “Call Me Maybe” (This is every bit as good in karaoke as we expected, and is guaranteed to make the crowd go wild.)
- Carly Rae Jepsen & Owl City – “Good Time” (Two Carlys in a row, but a good duet is hard to come by, so this is perfect for two shy karaoke-rs.)
- Gotye – Somebody I Used To Know (Another good duet, also one that will definitely make you feel ~feelings~.)
- Lana Del Rey – Video Games (I’ve mentioned this before, but Lana’s deep vocals will most likely compliment your own.)
- Demi Lovato – Skyscraper (Talk about free therapy! Sing this one.)
- Nicki Minaj – Starships (Split the rapping & singing with a good friend!)
- Rihanna – You Da One (From the most recent batch of Rihanna, this one is by far the most fun to sing, as are most reggae-inspired tunes.)
- Usher – Scream (Like a new addition to your karaoke book, I heard my friend Kelly sing this one last week and it seemed like fun.)
- Katy Perry – Part of Me (Anything where the chorus involves yelling is adequate.)
- Florence & The Machine – Shake It Out (No, you’ll never sing like Florence Welch. But if you’re gonna try, try this one.)
- Fun. – We Are Young (Do Janelle Monae proud!)
- Tyga – Rack City (Cannot vouch that I’ve done this, but let me know if you do.)
Purely Speculation of Good Karaoke That’s Coming Soon:
- Icona Pop – I Love It (A chorus to die for.)
- Ke$ha – Die Young (Another chorus to die for…Literally!)
- Taylor Swift – We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (“WeeeeEEEE”)
- Rihanna – Diamonds (Get deep into that low register with Rihanna…)
- Ellie Goulding – Anything Could Happen (Verses perfect for a talk-singer, and have your friends help with the chorus.)
…And more to come! What a great year for karaoke.
Need more advice? There’s plenty in the Feedback archives!