- Les Mis: Visually impressive w great Emotional performances. But the score suffered massively with great actors PRETENDING to be singers.
- …it’s an opera. Hollywoods movie musicals treat the singing as the last priority. (Dreamgirls was good)
- Anne Hathaway as Fantine and Enjolras were the exceptions for me.
- Helena B Carter and Sasha B Cohen were great too.
- And I do think it was cool they were singing live- but with that cast, they should have studio recorded and sweetened the vocals.
- Eponine’s voice was cool too…
- I felt like I should ignore the vocals and focus on the emotional subtext- but the singing was so distracting at times it pulled me out.
- The industry will say “these actors were so brave to attempt singing this score live”but why not cast actors who could actually sound good?
- Sorry for being so harsh but it’s so True!
Well, we all have a right to our opinions.