Dressing for New Year’s Eve can be a challenging task. If Hollywood has taught us anything, it’s time to pull out the fancy dress and get ready for either the most amazing love-filled party ever, or a giant crazy disappointment.
Here are some of the best fashions from our favorite New Year’s Eve movie moments.
1. Get out your long gloves.
2. If you’re hosting an event, be prepared to wow them.
3. It’s the time of year to wear your most flashy jewelry.In Sunset Boulevard, Norma throws an elaborate party and dresses the part with the most devine jewels. If you got the bling what better time to show it than when you’re ringing in the new year.
4. A fur coat can flatter any outfit.
When Carrie realizes she doesn’t want to be alone for New Year’s in Sex and The City she throws on a sparkle hat and a fur and looks better than most of the people she runs into on the street.
5. If you’re going to stay in, at least wear matching pajamas.
Are you having a Bridget Jones’s Diary kind of year? Nothing against staying in, but if you decide that’s the route, at least look cute in something that coordinates.
Sue Funke is a comedic writer and will be spending New Year’s Eve in a comfortable outfit, because she believes in J-Lo’s philosophy, “Comfort equals sexy.”