Fashion Week gets underway this week in New York City and, with this in mind, here are five faces from the good old US of A to look out for. From industry veterans to new girls and returning faces, there is a good chance everyone will be seeing a whole lot of these American girls over the next month in NYC, London, Milan and Paris.
- Ali Michael – One of the biggest models in the world at the age of 17, this Texan scored campaigns with Lanvin, Anna Sui and Coach before taking a break from the industry after suffering from an eating disorder. Now 21 and healthier than ever, don’t be surprised to see Michael show up on some on New York’s biggest runways.
- Ali Stephens — She booked a Prada exclusive when she was just 16, going on to star in campaigns for Chloe, Missoni, Calvin Klein and Prada before she was even 18-years-old. The 20-year-old has been MIA for the past few seasons, but now she is back and looking to reclaim her spot as one of the top American models.
- Maria Bradley — The Kansas native shocked everyone when she came fron nowhere to open the Alexander Wang show last season. Since then she has walked for Versace and Proenza Schouler, landed a Balenciaga exclusive and shot an editorial for British Vogue. Expect this 17-year-old to blow up this season.
- Hailey Clauson — She may just be 16-years-old but this is Hailey’s third runway season. The California beauty has appeared in the pages of Elle, W, Italian, French and British Vogue, and been at the center of a very big Urban Outfitters controversy. This season should see Clauson walking all the major shows, and likely coming out with a few Fall campaigns.
- Karlie Kloss — She’s been the biggest model every runway season over the past few years, don’t expect that to change until Ms. Kloss decides to hang up her heels. And she’s still only 19-years-old.