Young muti-hyphenate (writer, director, actor) James Fluhr started developing his Fringe Fest piece, Our Lady, a few years ago in response to the many gay teens who were taking their own lives. What he calls a ‘contemporary fairy tale’ is a powerful, fast moving one man show with real emotional range and some intriguing twists and turns. And there’s some drag! There’s only one performance left, today, but judging by the reaction to his work by audiences and critics, this is not the last time you will hear about James Fluhr.
So we asked him to tell us a few things, nine to be exact. And here’s what he said:
1. Movie line you use, possibly too much.
” Well, fuck me gently with a chain saw…”
2. Church of Scientology or Church of Latter Day Saints?
Mormons. Patrick Wilson was really hot in the HBO version of Angels in America.
3. Trend you’d be happy to see the end of?
4. Favorite Cher song & why?
Way of Love – Cher. It’s my favorite song to lip-sync. [Happens in the show]
5. Which Spice Girl are you?
6. Marry, F*ck, Kill: Anderson Cooper, James Franco, Andy Cohen
Anderson Cooper- fuck
Andy Cohen – marry
James Franco – kill
7. Who do you stalk on Facebook?
8. Best drunk text you’ve ever sent or received?
Get me Anderson Cooper’s number then you can ask him tomorrow. I’ll start drinking now…
9. Lie you always tell?
I’m rich. I’ll pay.
Our Lady plays one last time at the Fringe Fest today…