Sponsored by Logo
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The “#NNNVote Contest” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:01 PM (ET) on August 27, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 AM (ET) on September 4, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 4, 2012.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of the Fifty (50) United States and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Entrants must have a Twitter account to enter. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to be declared a Grand Prize Winner. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“Sponsor”), Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”), Offerpop (“Offerpop”) and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Contest Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: During the Contest Period, go to http://www.Twitter.com/NewNowNext and from your Twitter account, follow the @NewNowNext account and tweet a compelling reason for why you will vote in the upcoming election including #NNNVote in the following format: “#NNNVote I will vote because [INSERT YOUR REASON FOR VOTING] rules:[URL]” (the “Tweet”). Tweets must be 140 characters or less and in compliance with Twitter’s Terms of Service [http://twitter.com/tos] (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://twitter.com/ (the “Twitter Web Site”) and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.) By following @NewNowNext and sending the Tweet including your answer in the blank section of the phrase “#NNNVote I vote because [INSERT YOUR REASON FOR VOTING]” YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You are required to follow @NewNowNext Twitter account located at http://www.twitter.com/NewNowNext so you can see the Grand Prize Winner announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the winner notification described in Section 5 below . Please note that if you do not respond to the Grand Prize Winner notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another Grand Prize Winner may be selected. Automated Tweets or Tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified (the “Entries”).
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY AND ALL SUBMISSIONS AND METADATA SUBMITTED FOR THIS CONTEST MAY BE PUBLICLY VIEWABLE.
Entrant agrees that: (i) he/she has all rights to the contents of the Tweet all components thereof, and that Entrant has obtained all rights, consents, and permission necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (ii) the Tweet does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) the Tweet is free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the Tweet in the manner authorized herein and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity or claims, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to claims for re-use fees or residuals; and (iv) the Tweet is not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene.
Entrant shall retain all copyright in and to his/her Tweet, provided, however that Entrant agrees that by entering into this Contest he/she is granting Sponsors (and any and all of VMN’s subsidiaries and affiliates and affiliated broadcast stations and networks, successors and assignees and licensees) the non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable right and license, but not the obligation, to exhibit, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, edit, dub, superimpose, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform and distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, the Tweets and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised for any purpose, throughout the world, for one year from the last day of the Contest Period which shall be September 4, 2013. Sponsors may use the Tweets to advertise, promote and publicize, the Contest, VMN’s worldwide programming services and/or the Website or any other VMN website in all media throughout the universe and may authorize others to do so; such advertising, promotion and publicity may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut-in, synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Tweets. The undersigned acknowledges that Sponsors may use the Tweets in accordance with the permission granted herein without any payment to the undersigned or any third party.
Entrants agree that Tweets shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
- Gratuitous obscenity
- Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols
- Gang signs or symbols
- Excessive, extreme or gratuitous violence
- Glamorization of illegal drug or alcohol use
- Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
- Unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, etc.)
- License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise
- Website or web page links
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others
- Trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property
- Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress)
- Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules
- Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion
Language and themes contained in Tweets will be evaluated by Sponsors based on content and societal acceptability.
Sponsor is not obligated to use, publish, display or broadcast any Tweet submitted with an entry. Each Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor will rely on such entrant’s agreement and compliance with these Official Rules when entrant submits or attempts to submit the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of the policies of its “Standards and Practices Guidelines” at http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/mtvinfo/user_content.jhtml or the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor may modify or edit any materials related to a Contest entry or request entrants to do so, so that such materials meet such guidelines.
All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @NewNowNext inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are a Grand Prize Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Grand Prize Winner Selection/Notification: Five (5) grand prize winners (the “Grand Prize Winner(s)”) will be selected on or around September 4, 2012 by a panel of judges comprised of representatives from the VMN staff (the “Judges”) from the Eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The Judges will judge the Eligible Entries based on the following equally weighted judging criteria: originality, creativity and writing ability (“Judging Criteria”) to select the five (5) Grand Prize Winners. Sponsor will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Grand Prize Winners’ selection to contact a potential Grand Prize Winner via his/her Twitter account and via tweets from http://www.twitter.com/NewNowNext. In the event that a potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until five (5) potential Grand Prize Winners responds.
The final determination of the Grand Prize Winners and the application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Contest Period or to not select Grand Prize Winners if Sponsor determines, in their sole and absolute discretion, that entries received did not meet the minimum qualification standards based on the Judging Criteria specified herein. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winners in its sole discretion. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and entrants, whether or not the Grand Prize Winners agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor relating to the judging or awarding process. Sponsor reserves the right to select alternate Grand Prize Winners in the event that any potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
6. Grand Prize Winners Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within two (2) days of being notified as a potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Grand Prize Winner such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winners must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if a Grand Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Contest Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Grand Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Contest Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. The Grand Prize Winners also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that the Grand Prize Winners (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if a Grand Prize Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winners must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize Winners may forfeit Grand Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Deadline, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Grand Prize (5): The Grand Prize Winners will receive: Two (2) tickets to see the NewNowNext Vote Special with Wanda Sykes at MTV Studios located at 1515 Broadway, New York, New York on September 7, 2012 from 6:30:01 PM (ET) to 10:00:01 PM (ET) (the “Grand Prize”).
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $0.00 and the total ARV of all Grand Prizes to be awarded in this Contest is $0.00. Any details related to the Grand Prize not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If for any reason any Grand Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Contest in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The date for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be on or around September 7, 2012 subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be made by Sponsor. Note: No transportation will be provided as part of the Grand Prize. The tickets to the event constitute the complete Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winners are solely responsible making all arrangements and paying for all travel costs and expenses associated with traveling to/from the event and attending the event, as well as any and all additional incidental expenses incurred in connection therewith, including, without limitation, accommodations, meals, beverages, tolls and any incidental costs incurred in connection with acceptance and use of the Grand Prize. Upon entry into the Contest, the Grand Prize Winners (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Grand Prize Winners or potential Grand Prize Winners who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR CONTEST ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Grand Prize and Grand Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Grand Prize may be awarded to a Grand Prize Winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize.
14. Request for Names of the Grand Prize Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Grand Prize Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
1540 Broadway, 31th Floor
New York, New York 10036
Please note on the front left hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Grand Prize Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Grand Prize Winners must be made by November 7, 2012.
15. Sponsor: Contest sponsored by LOGO, a brand of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1540 Broadway, New York, New York 10036.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Inquiries (whether questions, comments or complaints) should be directed to Sponsor, not to Twitter.