Sponsored by Logo and Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: “Visit Philly U.S. Mr. Gay 2011 Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:01:01 AM (ET) on September 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 25, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 25, 2011.
3. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parent/legal guardian in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“VMN”), and Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (“GPTMC” and, together with VMN, the “Sponsors”) and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, sponsors, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by VMN, and by the decisions of VMN, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of the Grand Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. Grand Prize Winner Selection/Notification: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be randomly selected from among all of the Eligible Entries received on or about September 26, 2011. VMN will make up to two (2) attempts over the 48 hour period following the Grand Prize Winner’s selection to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner via the email address or telephone number(s) provided on his/her entry form. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached during the 48 hour period in which he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems) the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received, if time permits.
6. Grand Prize Winner Verification: The potential Grand Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Grand Prize Winner, such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received in VMN’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner must sign (their parent/legal guardian if Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from VMN: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for the Grand Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. The Grand Prize Winner also must acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Grand Prize and that Grand Prize Winner (their parent/legal guardian if Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by VMN (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Grand Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by VMN or Grand Prize Winner may forfeit the Grand Prize at VMN’s sole discretion. All decisions of VMN relating to the Sweepstakes are final. VMN expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason VMN deems necessary.
7. Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to attend the “U.S. Mr. Gay Competition” currently scheduled for November 18th and November 19, 2011 (the “Event”). Event dates subject to change. If Grand Prize Winner cannot travel on dates specified by VMN, Grand Prize Winner will forfeit all rights to the prize. VMN is not responsible if potential Grand Prize Winner is unable or unavailable to accept prize. The trip will include (i) roundtrip air travel from the closest major airport to Grand Prize Winner’s residence (; certain restrictions may apply) to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (VMN reserves the right to substitute ground transportation if Grand Prize Winner resides within 150 miles of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania); (ii) two (2) nights deluxe hotel accommodations, based on availability, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for Grand Prize Winner and Guest which shall be one (1) room based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips and other incidentals and costs are not included) and (iii) two tickets to attend the Event (collectively, the “Grand Prize”).
If Grand Prize Winner is not available to travel on the dates specified by VMN in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner privileges and Grand Prize will be terminated and an alternative Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the dates specified by VMN or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Guest traveling with Grand Prize Winner must be at time of Grand Prize fulfillment eighteen (18) years of age or older. Sponsors will determine the airline, ground transportation, and hotel in its sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. VMN shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. VMN shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
All travel dates are subject to change in VMN’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Grand Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, VMN reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, which may include, but is not limited to, a cash prize equivalent to the ARV of the trip portion of the Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules. The dates for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be on or around November 18, 2011 to November 20, 2011, subject to change in VMN’s sole discretion.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $1,500.00.
The ARV are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment and the time of travel and the distance between departure and destination. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. If, for any reason VMN is unable to provide tickets to the Event, VMN’s only obligation is to award trip portion of the Grand Prize or a prize of equal or greater value (which may include a cash prize equal to the ARV of the trip portion of the Grand Prize), in VMN’s sole discretion. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent permitted.
8. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be made by VMN or a third party on VMN’s behalf. The value of the Grand Prize will be taxable to the Grand Prize Winner as income. Grand Prize Winner must supply VMN with his/her social security number for tax purposes. IRS Form 1099s will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, Grand Prize Winner (as well as all other online Entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Grand Prize Winner or potential Grand Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Grand Prize as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof permitted, except by VMN, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Grand Prize Winner or in the announcement of the Grand Prize and Grand Prize Winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes are not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in VMN’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, VMN reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website during the Sweepstakes Period and the Grand Prize may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and, or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by VMN. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by VMN are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. VMN reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry, (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Grand Prize.
10. Request for Name of Grand Prize Winner and Official Rules: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Attention: “Visit Philly U.S. Mr. Gay 2011 Sweepstakes”
1540 Broadway, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10036
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Grand Prize Winner must be made by November 25, 2011. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of the “Grand Prize Winner”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsors: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036 and Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation, 30 S. 17th Street, Suite 1710, Philadelphia, PA 19103.