Check out the earth-shattering events that went down while you were slumbering.
- With Gary Ross out of the picture, the hunt for a new director to helm Hunger Games follow up Catching Fire has been narrowed down to two candidates.
- The lineup for the 2012 Cannes Film Festival has been announced and it looks like Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson will be competing against one another. ZOMG! Also stopping by the Croisette will be Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain, Zac Efron and the ever expressionless Nicole Kidman.
- In addition to penning poorly written teen literature it seems that Stepehenie Meyer is now also ready to ruin good teen lit with the news that her film company has optioned Lois Duncan’s Down A Dark Hall.
- Carey Mulligan is getting married this weekend to singer Marcus Mumford.
- In very rich and very pretty people news, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have taking their 75 children to an exclusive resort in the Galápagos Islands to celebrate their engagement.