Lighting guru Bentley Meeker has lit everything from MOMA events and film premiere parties to lavish weddings and intimate dinners, but his latest project is a true departure for the artist — an exhibit at the Whitney in NYC. We took some time to talk to the creator of “Flame to Now IV” and have him answer our 19 questions.
Name: Bentley Meeker
Profession: Owner, Bentley Meeker Lighting & Staging
1. What are you wearing?
A big hoodie that says RENO on the front.
2. What do you do in a typical day?
Drink 2 cups of tea and a lot of lighting.
3. What book/movie/TV show are you really into right now?
None to speak of.
4. What’s a trend you wish would die?
5. What do you order for brunch?
Salty meats dipped in maple syrup.
7. What song or band has most affected or influenced you?
Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon.
8. What project are you obsessed with right now?
Audio systems. Don’t ask…
9. What would be the title of your memoir?
How Did He Figure THAT Out???
10. What’s your hangover cure?
I either drink less or stay with one thing…
11. What fictional character do you most identify with?
12. What was the best vacation meal you’ve ever had?
A toss up between El Bulli or Bahamian mac & cheese. Really tough call…
13. What’s your favorite solo outing?
Meditation or a hot summer afternoon on the Harley
14. What’s your favorite bar in another city?
The Tiki Bar at the Brewery.
15. What luxury do you think should be included in plane travel to make it more fun?
16. What’s your biggest vice?
Red wine. I love it…
17. What movie will you always watch to the end when it’s on TV?
18. Who’s your Spirit Animal?
19. What’s the first thing you think of when you see this? (see top of the post)
That I really like that sweatshirt…