It is Fifty Shades of Grey time again friends, to kick off your weekend of fun and sun. We tackled the casting of Anastasia Steele earlier this week with some fans telling us how wrong our choices were and championing Selena Gomez for the role (Really?), but we stand by them still and now bring you the men we feel can best fill Christian Grey’s shoes.
Also, stop with the Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart nonsense Internet. We realize there is the Twilight connection but can tell you without a sliver of a doubt that those two are not going within a mile of this project. Trust.
Here goes nothing…
- Alexander Skarsgard — Alex seems to be the frontrunner for the role if the people get their say, and he does fit the character quite well. He is incredibly attractive but not too buff and certainly has gotten some practice with being sexually dominant thanks to his years on True Blood. But is the role too similar to Eric Northman? The actor told Access Hollywood; “Where do I sign? He’s got a sex chamber, my character has that on True Blood. He’s got his little dungeon…I was born to play that part.”
- Armie Hammer — Perhaps the dreamiest man in Hollywood these days, this could be perfect for Armie’s first film as a leading man after playing second fiddle in flicks like J. Edgar, The Social Network and the upcoming Lone Ranger alongside Johnny Depp. Then again, having done films of incredibly high caliber thus far, we will excuse Mirror, Mirror, this may be a little too lowbrow for the Arms.
- Michael Pitt — No one does male sexuality better than Mr. Pitt and he does have some time free in his schedule given his (SPOILER!) departure from Boardwalk Empire. Even better, Michael is not one of those guys who would mistreat or underplay the character, possibly elevating the movie to being something more than just a smutty romance flick. Yeah, Michael is definitely our top choice.
- Dan Stevens — What is the deal with Matthew Crawley? He is never in anything but Downton Abbey it seems. Given the show’s massive popularity it would be great to see Danny undo some of those period buttons on his fancy shirts and tuxedo jackets and rip into a character that actually gets to get it on. The dude waited two seasons for just a kiss on Downton, let’s get him some kinky onscreen sex action. Lady Mary should be cool with it, she did basically kill a man after all.
- Alfie Allen — We know that we are disgusted by grease monkey Theon Greyjoy on Game of Thrones, but something about Alfie Allen’s eyes tells us he would be amazing in the part of Christian. Spooky yet sexy, intense yet distant. Also, it would be nice to see him showered.
All Photos Getty Images